Increase in Divorce, 1960 ≈ 9%
— 1980 ≈ 23% (Dot Markers) historically correlated with increase in use of
Artificial Contraception (The Pill) in the period 1960–1980
NFP Awareness Week
Natural Family Planning pregnancy regulation rates exceed or equal the success of all invasive & unhealthful, “reversible methods of Birth Control” listed by the Centers for Disease Control.
Graph source: Reader’s Digest. (RD did not associate this graph with The Pill.)
NFP Outreach is a dynamic apostolate with an active speaker’s bureau.
A new study has emerged from China indicating that such a link between abortion and breast cancer not only exists, but that the risk rises with each abortion a woman has.
The study, titled “A meta-analysis of the association between induced abortion and breast cancer risk among Chinese females” was published this week in Cancer Causes and Control, a peer-reviewed international cancer journal.
“The marked change in breast cancer incidence was parallelled to the one-child-per-family policy,” the researchers stated.Dr. Joel Brind, professor of endocrinology at Baruch College, City University of New York and a director at the Breast Cancer Prevention Institute, called the findings a “real game changer” for deniers of the so-called ABC link.
- The Abortion/Breast-Cancer link has not just been found in China.
- India:A new study of women from India shows women who get an induced abortion are 626% more likely to have breast cancer compared with women who carry their pregnancies to term and have the baby. The study found women more likely to have breast cancer had “higher number of abortions.” This study follows closely after a bomshell meta-analysis of breast cancer studies found a 44% increased risk of contracting breast cancer for women who had abortions. “History of abortion was also found to be positively associated with the risk of breast cancer with 6.26 times higher risk in women having a history of abortion,” they concluded.
- Bangladesh: A similar study from Bangladesh published in the Journal of the Dhaka Medical College in April found that women with a history of induced abortion had a 20-fold increase in likelihood of developing breast cancer when compared to women with no such history.
- World-Wide: Studies in dozens of countries consistently report increase risk of breast cancer after abortion.
Ideology of “Safe” Abortion: There is tendency to ignore or deny inconvenient information which is especially strong when the subject is abortion. Documentation and public awareness of the negative effects of abortion poses a danger to Big Abortion, in the same way studies linking cigarettes to cancer posed a danger to Big Tobacco.
The first study linking cigarettes to lung cancer was published in 1928, and the first Surgeon General’s warning, without the support of the AMA, was announced in 1964. The Bradford- Hill epidemiologic criteria developed to evaluate causality, ultimately used to show the tobacco- lung cancer link in the 1960s, are the same criteria that support the ABC link.
Many women are offered only one choice–abortion.
The epidemic of coerced, unwanted abortions is rarely reported. Yet every week, thousands of girls and women face threats and abuse from people who want them to abort without regard for their own feelings or desires.
A Woman Doctor, an Obstetrician-Gynecologist, operating a “medical” practice in the Old Libby Cannery at Stockton & Alhambra in Sacramento, told a poor client: “You have too many children. I’m going to give you an abortion.” She compelled the woman to have an abortion.
- A homeless woman was denied shelter until she submitted to an unwanted abortion.
- A teen was ridiculed by a school counselor and bussed to the abortion clinic.
- A daughter was pushed into an abortion clinic at gunpoint by her mother.
- A girlfriend was injected with an abortifacient outside a parking garage.
- A 13-year-old was returned to her molester after her abortion.
- Three sisters were raped repeatedly by their father and forced into abortions for nearly a decade.
- A wife miscarried after her husband jumped on her stomach to force an abortion.
- A waitress was fired after she became pregnant.
The headlines above represent just a few of the many women who were offered only one choice–abortion. Read more…
Positive vs. Natural Law
Picture this scene, a few years hence:
Charles Rice: Beyond Abortion:
The Theory and Practice of the Secular State. 1979.The vote of the Review Committee was 3 to 0. The Doctor, who was secretary of the meeting, marked the patient’s card “MR” and added his initials and the date. This “Merciful Release” had been provided by the Congress almost two years ago in the Geriatric Welfare Act of 1996, which was part of an overall revision of the bankrupt Social Security system.
Under the law, Social Security retirement benefits were reduced by the full amount of any outside income received from whatever source. The only persons, therefore, who actually received Social Security benefits were those whose outside earnings, gifts from relatives, and other income totaled less than the ordinary Social Security benefits. As a result, only the poor received Social Security retirement checks. But still there were too many of them. The Geriatric Welfare Act of 1996 provided that each recipient of Social Security retirement benefits over the age of 65 who was “confined to any hospital or infirmary” for more than three consecutive days “shall be entitled to a Merciful Release on his or her own request or on a decision by the Review Committee that prolongation of life is a meaningless burden.” Continue reading