NARAL is at war with pregnancy centers throughout the country, but why? Because the pregnancy centers are having an effect on the abortion industry’s blood-money flow. Women are turning to CPCs and choosing life! Although there are many cover-ups and neglects perpetrated by the abortion providers which NARAL so avidly supports; R2L would like to call out just a few by dissecting the scenario that NARAL’s Amy Everitt’s provided in her Sacramento Bee article.
Amy’s scenario in the Bee – “A young and scared pregnant woman walks into what looks like a medical clinic seeking help. When she says that she has a scholarship to start college and doesn’t feel ready to be a parent, a staff person tells her that she’s already a mother and college can wait. When she asks about abortion, she is told that if she has one, any future pregnancy will be sad because she’ll feel like she doesn’t deserve children. They say that if she has an abortion and doesn’t tell anyone, she could die alone and no one would ever know what happened to her.”
1. “A young”– What age does NARAL consider to be young and do they care if women are under age? Let’s look at one of the organizations NARAL emphatically backs, Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood was caught covering-up child sex trafficking and illegally not reporting rape. For documented evidence, please read the linked article on Personhood USA and the story of an abused 13 year old on Live Action.
2. “Scared pregnant woman”– Why is the woman scared? Does NARAL or the Abortion provider ask or care? According to the Vitae Foundation, 64% of women are bullied into having an abortion. R2L prayer vigil members have actually heard first-hand accounts of this bullying from the victims outside of the abortion facility on Butano Dr.
3. “She has a scholarship to start college”– Women do lose their Athletic scholarships if they become pregnant, please google this issue or go to this ESPN article. This is prejudicial! Is NARAL investigating this prejudice against women and are they defending them? There is no evidence to support that they are.
4. “Doesn’t feel ready to be a parent”– If you’re not ready to be a parent, should the baby die? Please consider the loving option of adoption! A study conducted by the Journal of Social Issues stated that 81% of women surveyed said they felt victimized by the abortion process, and that they were either coerced into the abortion or that information about alternatives or the actual procedure had been withheld.
5. “A staff person tells her that she’s already a mother and college can wait.”– Could not find evidence of this when researching.
6. “When she asks about abortion, she is told that if she has one, any future pregnancy will be sad because she’ll feel like she doesn’t deserve children.” R2L members have personally heard from post-abortive women that their future pregnancies were sad and that the new pregnancy did bring-up memories of the abortion. Does NARAL, Planned Parenthood, Family Planning Associates or any other abortion provider send out a questionnaire to post-abortive women to see what their thoughts and feelings are after an abortion? I researched PP, FPA, and NARAL and couldn’t find a survey.
7. “They say that if she has an abortion and doesn’t tell anyone, she could die alone and no one would ever know what happened to her.”– Women do die as a result of complications from the abortion procedure both at home and at abortion facilities. If pieces of the baby are left inside the womb or the womb is cut during the abortion, the woman will experience complications such as internal bleeding and/or sepsis. If she passes out at home and is alone, then death can and has occurred. Please reference emergency information at Complications of Abortion.
DOCUMENTED ARTICLES: Please visit the Operation Rescue site for articles on, and a list of women who have died from complications due to an abortion. Also, please see Planned Parenthood’s cover-up of the danger of abortion.
Finally, let’s keep in mind that there are approximately 60 million men and women who have died through abortion; they’re the babies unable to speak for themselves! Please keep them in your prayers!
Further reading – Why is NARAL’s at war with pregnancy centers?